CHC offers classes for students from age 4 to 12th grade. Our co-op meets on Friday mornings at Crosswoods Baptist Church in Nicholasville. Opening assembly begins each week at 9:10 a.m. in the sanctuary, and students proceed to their classrooms following morning announcements. Classes are over at 12:30 p.m. and resume again at 1:00 p.m. for optional afternoon classes.
We encourage the parents to stay and fellowship in our Parent Room. This time is designed to provide a supportive environment for parents. Refreshments are served and informative and inspirational presentations and displays are regularly scheduled.
Parents must sign-in on the attendance sheet each week. If you choose to leave the building during class hours, you must leave a cell number on the sign-in sheet and the name of an adult remaining in the building who will be responsible for your child while you are out.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and fees are due on the first Friday of the month, with checks being made payable to CHC. Tuition and fees remain at regular monthly rates for all children, regardless of absences.
- Rates (per family)
- 1 child $50/mo
- 2 children $70/mo
- 3 children $90/mo
- 4 or more children add'l $10/mo, per child
- optional 4th hour classes $80 ($40/semester) per child
- Additional fees may be required for some classes.
- For all children grades PreK-6, there is a yearly supply fee of $15 per child.
- There is a one time, non-refundable enrollment fee of $65 for the 2021-2022 school year.
Inclement Weather Policy
In case of bad weather, check for cancellation on our Facebook page or in email. Cancellations will be announced by 7:30 a.m.
9:10 Opening Assembly - pledges, announcements, prayer
9:30 Classes begin
12:30 Classes dismiss
1:00 Optional 4th hour classes begin
2:00 End of 4th hour classes
*Exact classes to be offered are usually determined and announced in late spring/early summer.
Jr./Sr. High Information
Our junior high and senior high program includes grades 7-12. Students rotate through three one-hour classes of their choice. Most junior/senior high classes offered at CHC are supplemental classes, not core classes. Classes vary from year to year and are typically determined and announced in late spring/early summer. Some examples of classes offered are: biology, chemistry, drawing and painting, auto mechanics, media, creative writing, sign language, student leadership, guitar, history, cooking, discipleship, introduction to architectural graphics, boys' PE, girls' PE, drama, yearbook, chess, etc.
Application to the co-op requires that one parent from each family serve in some capacity in the functioning of the co-op. We have a limited number of "at home" jobs. Your job in the co-op may require you to be onsite on some Friday mornings.
Regular attendance is required. More than three absences without a good excuse may be cause for dismissal from the co-op. If you have circumstances that will require absence for an extended period, please notify the Leadership team.
CHC students are expected to dress modestly and in a non-offensive manner.
Communication in the co-op is essential. Each family has a "mailbox" folder located in the Parent Room. These file folders are kept in a plastic file box and sorted alphabetically. Mailboxes need to be checked weekly. They will contain your monthly financial statements as well as other info that is not sent via email.
All students must have the following forms on file:
- Medical Release, one per student
- Emergency Authorization, one per family
- Code of Conduct, one per student and family
- It is essential that students arrive on time to each class. If students arrive late and miss the opening ceremony, parents are to escort their children to class.
- In the changing of classes, students are to go quietly and directly to their next assigned classroom.
- Students must be respectful of others at all times. Abusive or hurtful language or behaviors will not be tolerated. Any ongoing behavioral problems could warrant a temporary or permanent suspension from the co-op.
- Students should address teachers and other adults as Mr., Mrs., or Miss along with their first or last names.
Care of Facility
We are very thankful to Crosswoods Baptist Church for the use of their facility. We want to show our appreciation by respecting their property:
- If you see trash, pick it up and throw it away.
- If you make a mess, clean it up.
- Parents are responsible for their children's messes.
- No food or beverage will be allowed in the sanctuary.
- Do not ask to use the church phones.
- Do not use church supplies or equipment without authorization.
- Please stay in areas designated for our use.
Grounds for Suspension from CHC
Adherence to group policies is a requirement for membership in the group. Failure to abide by group policies and procedures may be grounds for suspension or expulsion from the group, at the discretion of the Leadership Team. Grounds for suspension or expulsion may include, but are not limited to the following: failure to pay tuition and fees on time, chronic absenteeism, parental refusal to participate in volunteer roles, ongoing behavioral problems, other situations which are deemed to impair the general well-being of the group, or failure to adhere to the Code of Conduct.